Based in Charleston, SC, Classical Charleston was created for the purpose of connecting our customers to the finest musicians in the area.
We offer an ever-growing variety of music selections, along with fully-customized ensemble combinations of various sizes and instrumentation. The kinds of events we accommodate range from intimate wedding anniversaries to corporate events hosting hundreds of guests.
Why Us? The Value of Quality Musicians & Music!
- Diversity of Musical Styles: Of course we offer Classical Favorites and Wedding Standards, but we also have traditional Jewish wedding selections; Christian hymns; Jazz — from Gershwin’s “Summertime” (written in Charleston on Folly Beach) to Cole Porter and Sinatra hits. Discover Popular Hits from “Moon River,” John Legend’s “All of Me,” Christina Perri’s “A Thousand Years” to “Bittersweet Symphony” or even Metallica’s “Nothing Else Matters.” There’s Christmas music for holiday parties, Irish & Scottish Fiddle Tunes and Jigs, Tangos, and Movie Music (Forest Gump to Star Wars themes).
- Music Selections and Arrangements: We’ll happily look into the possibility of arranging something especially for you. Upon booking your wedding with us you will receive a link to our online form which offers my selection recommendations, as well as suggestions for how best to organize family, and bridal party entrances so that our musicians can easily tailor music to persons processing in. Completing the form takes all of 5 minutes. The music page on our Classical Charleston site is an extensive list from which music may be selected from our tried-and-true repertoire. For a special request outside of our repertoire, please submit it as soon as possible. Depending on the selection, there may be a fee associated with the arranging process. Please note, that just because a string ensemble is playing your request on youtube does not mean that we have access to that ensemble’s arrangement, and that arranging from scratch can require notice many months prior to your wedding date.
- Artists: Our artists are active in the local Charleston Concert Scene — performers who offer a quality to be noticed, not to blend in to the background. Recordings are right here on our website. Enjoy our very own Live Recordings.
- Reviews and Word of Mouth: Just ask other trusted vendors about us and read our Reviews!
- Availability: We are available by email 7 days a week.
- Meeting Up: We are happy to meet with you in person or to schedule phone consultations. We encourage a face-to-face meeting if possible, but everything can also be accomplished simply by email or phone.
- Security in knowing that our artists are accountable to our agency and family of artists. We are one of very few private events contractors in South Carolina.
- Experience in working with all of the top wedding and event planners in the area (working with a team of vendors who know each other is invaluable).
- Knowledge of the many lowcountry venues and their set up requirements
- Dependability: You can count on quality music being crossed off your list. We won’t back out due to unforseen circumstances as sometimes happens with the friend of the family who agreed to play.
- South Carolina’s only electric pop string quartet — Acoustic Electric Quartet (AEQ)!
Available Instrumentation | Ensemble Options
- Soloists (violin, cello, piano, guitar, bagpipes, organ trumpet or voice)
- Duet Ensembles can be comprised of the following instruments (violin, cello, guitar, flute and harp)
- Trio Ensembles typically include (violin, viola, cello), but trumpet, voice or bagpipes are sometimes added.
- Quartet (violins, viola, cello)
- Electric String Quartet (Yamaha electric violins, cello, viola)
Classical Charleston – The Community and More
Classical Charleston is the original branch of the Charleston Entertainment community of musicians. Only an idea some 15 years ago, now we are known for pushing the boundaries of what the traditional classical ensemble can perform. We are the only classical group to have been a member of the Charleston Visitors Bureau and the Charleston Area Travel Council, a network of leading businesses committed to ensuring Charleston’s continued success as one of the world’s top destination cities.
In 2011, lead cellist Andrew Mille and lead violinist Tomas Jakubek invested in the creation of South Carolina’s first professional electric string quartet, the Acoustic Electric Quartet, also known as AEQ. The electric ensemble showcases music and unique arrangements of today’s most recognized pop tunes, classic jazz, and classical works, all on flashy, modern Yamaha electric instruments. The Acoustic Electric Quartet has opened for private concerts by Michael Bolton, PGA Masters events in Augusta, Georgia, The Charleston International Film Festival as well as many other events across the Southeast.
Classical Charleston travels all over the Country and has done events and weddings all over the East Coast.